Thursday, March 25, 2010

17 years in the making.......

Today was a GREAT day in my family's life! 17 years ago my parents left everything they knew to bring my siblings and I to the amazing USA. It was a decision they made to give their children a better life. When we first arrived here, I never thought this day would come. It was just a dream we all had. But 17 years later, here we are. My dad was the first one in the family to get sworn in as a Citizen of the United States. What a beautiful day it was! I am so proud of him. And so extremely grateful that my parents made so many sacrifices to make sure we had a better life than they did. And now, I get to have my children born in the USA, they are natural citizens. I am so grateful for that. And I will raise them to know that all they have is because of all the hard work their grandparents went through to bring me here. I am just in awe and so amazed that my parents got to realize the American Dream! My dad was on cloud 9 today! It was so cute watching him! My mom will be next, I can't wait!

My dad swearing in as a Citizen of the USA

The most beautiful flag ever!

6 comments:

Anna K. said...

How neat!

Congrats to you and your family!

Found you in the forums!

Unknown said...

yes, today was an amazing day. A day if someone told me it would come like 10 yrs ago I would think that someone was crazy.
Today the dream comes true!!! :o)
Dream, dream big and work hard.
And yes, that might be bias but our flag is the most beautiful flag :o)

AjBCreations said...

Congratulations to you and your family. What an uplifting and inspiring story! =)

silver2turquoise said...

You have a lot to be proud about.
What a remarkable mom and dad.
Blessings to you and your family in the future.

monichelles said...

Congratulations!! I love hearing about the wonderful happenings. So happy for your family!

kanishk said...

Congrats to you and your family!
free internet jobs

!***MckLinky Blog Hop