Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome to America!

If you haven't guessed, last week I became a Citizen of the USA. It is so exciting! My parents worked so hard for this to come true. We moved here when I was almost 11 and my parents worked very hard so that their kids could have a better life. I am so thankful that they were brave enough to follow their dreams and chase the American dream. Because of them, I got to have an awesome education, meet my husband and raise my boys in this awesome country.

Neither my husband or I were born here and we both became Citizens because of our parents. We never take the fact that we are Citizens for granted. And we want to raise our boys that way. We want our sons to know that both sets of grandparents sacrificed A LOT and worked very hard for us to be here. And now our boys are American born. How amazing is that? We want our sons to have an even better life than we did.

I am so thankful to my parents for everything they have done for us. I will never forget how hard and scary it was at first. And how easy it would have been for them to give up and pack our bags to go back. But that was never an option. And for that I am grateful.

And now, I am Proud to be an American!!!

3 comments:

VintageGramma said...

Congratulations! That is what I believe America is all about! We are a country of immigrants, and we mustn't forget that! I'm so happy for you!

Graciela Testa Lynt said...

Congratulations! I just celebrated the 20th anniversary of my citizenship swearing in last month... I also came here at 11... 50 years ago this month!

Creative Minds said...

Thanks guys.

WOW Graciela, that is so awesome!! :)

!***MckLinky Blog Hop