Monday, July 9, 2012

Logo or no logo?

I have "met" and become familiar with a lot of wonderful shops lately. I love seeing all the amazing things people create.

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of shops do not have a logo. Do you?

Do you think it's important to have a logo to carry through your shop and marketing items?  I believe it is. I know a lot of you focus more on creating items to list and on selling them. However, first impressions matter. When I look at a shop, I always look at the banner and avatar. The shops that have a matching look and a logo, to me seem like they "take care" of their shop. Don't you think? Not to say if you don't have that look it's because you don't take care of it. I know a lot of people are not able to or don't know how to create the banner or avatar. BUT it does make a huge difference.

I believe a logo to carry through the shop, business card and other printing material you use make the shop look put together. Does that make sense?

I work in marketing and we create a brand for each person we market. They carry that brand through all their print material and website and it looks awesome.

If you don't have a logo, or brand, please try it out. I can actually help you or get you in contact with someone that can assist you in creating the right "look" for you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I need a logo and have no idea what I really want

City Of Karis said...

I try to have common themes-which for me is a chandelier. It's in my banner, business cards, ect..but not always the same one. Or the same font. I'm so swamped with custom orders that it seems I don't have much time to beautify my shop as I would like to :P

laughingfridge said...

I had a banner made for my Etsy shop, but it doesn't really reflect our product line, though it's better than no banner at all. I agree with you that a logo is important for marketing; it becomes recognizable as "your" brand.

daniii♥ said...

I wouldn't go into a store with no signs outside. I think a logo/shop banner is similar to that.

Unknown said...

I feel a logo is important!

!***MckLinky Blog Hop