I love craft projects. I found this one here and thought it'd be fun to share. Enjoy!
For this project you will need:
- 6-8 mm thick plywood board
- 4 mm thick plywood scrap pieces (for the flowers)
- magnetic paint
- white, cornblue, spring green and dark green acrylic paints
- paint brushes
- self adhesive magnets
- flower stencil
- stencilling brush
- paper towels
- masking tape
- hanger or hook for hanging board
1. Cut out a flower shape out of the thick board. Paint 3 coats of magnet paint onto the board, letting it dry about 12 hours between each coat. 3 coats will give the board a good magnetic surface.
2. When the magnetic paint is dry, paint blue paint on the board and let it dry.
3. To stencil, absorb some paint onto the stencilling brush and wipe across a paper towel to remove the wetness of the paint.
4. Now filling the open areas of the stencil with the chosen color. Add 2 shades of green to the leaves and stem to give it some depthness.
5. Continue stencilling until the board is covered with the design.
6. Paint the small flowers white. When dry, dry brush green around the outer edges.
7. Adhere magnets to the backsides of the flowers. Add a hanger or hook to the backside of the board when finished.
For more craft ideas check out this website. If you do created this project, email us a picture! We'd love to see it!